By JOLT Experts on Mar 26, 2019 4:46:38 PM
This blog post is the Q&A transcript of a webinar we delivered. If you're looking to learn about Process Discovery and Process Mining concepts and best practices for RPA, we suggest you check out this blog instead: What You Need to Know About Process Discovery for Automation.
We delivered our 'How To Streamline RPA With Process Discovery & Optimization For Automation' live webinar to a fully engaged audience of business and IT leaders across multiple verticals today, where our SMEs addressed the best practices for RPA process discovery, selection, optimization and bot translation for better automation results, along with a live demo of our partner OpenConnect's automation process discovery solutions.
And as promised, we are posting the transcript of the Questions and Answers portion from the live broadcast here for you. If you have more questions related to this subject, please feel free to contact us and our automation experts will be happy to provide the answers and support needed. You can download the recording and presentation deck on our webinar on-demand page here.
See below the transcript of the questions answered by our presenters:
- Q: "Does OpenConnect integrate agnostically with any RPA software?"
- A: Yes, DiscoveriQ is agnostic to the RPA software. Process documentation can be provided for any vendor.
- Q: How long is a typical implementation project of process discovery tools? Can it happen in parallel with RPA implementations?
- A: Great question, in many cases we come in after a customer has implemented 1-10 automations (opportunity to grow). In others customers ask us to help them identify where to start. As we mentioned within 1 week our customers are beginning to collect data from the desktops, and typically within 3-4 weeks they have process data to analyze and select for automation,
- Q: Can Bot translation be automated?
- A: No, since the translation most of the times refers to sub-processes or applications that are not directly integrated in the main process for which in most of the cases you will need help from the Application Owner or Process Owner to identify.
- Q: Can process discovery tools also create documentation for training and testing purposes?
- A: Yes, this is a great use of process discovery for a blended digital workforce. The same process steps that applies for a human applies for a robot!
- Q: How do process discovery tools help accelerate RPA deployment projects?
- A: Whether you’re implementing using inhouse resources or with service provider support, you would be looking at a significant labor reduction by minimizing time spent upfront by interviewing and gathering data from business analysts or department heads to determine the processes ripe for automation. Instead RPA service providers like us can use the process discovery tool to collect data and provide analytics, hence identify automation potential faster and have robots designed more quickly.
- Q: Wouldn’t it be better to choose a RPA software that comes with automated process discovery features?
- A: There are a few RPA software that provides process discovery features natively, however, those platforms are not as robust as a pureplay RPA platforms like UiPath, so based on our experience, we would still recommend utilizing the best in class RPA platform and complement the process discovery needs with tools like DiscoverIQ which won't necessarily add additional cost-burdens to the software investment, but will indeed reduce implementation and ramp up costs by accelerating automation mapping efforts
Q: Who owns the BOT Translation activity Biz or IT?
- A: It is a combined effort between Business and IT. Including SMEs, App owners, RPA Business Analyst and RPA Architects
Q: Does BOT Translation help with viability assessments?
- A: Yes, BOT Translation helps you identify if the process or part of the process is technically viable which will help in the prioritization of Automations
Q: Can process discovery software (as demo'd) run on a single user workstation or does it require backend app server / Database support services? Thinking of ad-hoc needs for temporary installs to capture workflows:
- A: The way that we would advocate the process discovery to occur is not a single desktop but on hundreds if not thousands of desktops, collect the data then analyze the data through Machine Learning and algorithms to start identifying repeatable activities, but yes you can run it where you can collect it off a single desktop, but we would advocate that you should see many desktops so you can actually see the many different variables that occurred as Jeremy mentioned earlier in his presentation.
If you missed our live webinar, you can download the recording and presentation deck here.
- How to Streamline RPA with Process Discovery & Optimization
- What You Need to Know About Process Discovery for Automation
- "Maximizing the Value of RPA with Process Mining and Optimization"
- "Process Mining: Design Your Robots with Scientific Precision so They Are Right the First Time"
- "Streamline RPA with Process Discovery and Optimization for Automation"